On March 4, 2020, Congress appropriated $8.3 billion through the “Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2020,” to combat the public health threats posed by the spread of coronavirus. The legislation includes $500 million allowing Health and Human Services to temporarily waive certain Medicare restrictions and requirements regarding telehealth services during the coronavirus public health emergency.
eClinicalWorks’ telehealth solution, healow TeleVisits™, allows providers to enable remote connections with their patients, delivering the quality of an in-office visit without the need for a physical office visit. healow TeleVisits are secure and fully integrated into the eClinicalWorks EHR.
Here are three ways healow TeleVisits are making healthcare better for providers and patients:
- healow TeleVisits are fully integrated in the eClinicalWorks EHR. During a remote visit, providers have access to all the same clinical tools available for any office visit, while enjoying greater flexibility in scheduling routine, follow-up, and check-in visits.
- Convenient, safe, and secure. healow TeleVisits use the provider’s and patient’s existing equipment and webcams, and work with all browsers. Intelligent bandwidth management ensures stable and secure connections.
- Improved access to care. In today’s connected world, patients have come to expect immediate access to services. With healow TeleVisits, patients don’t have to scramble to find a time to get to the doctor’s office for that routine visit.
Setting up healow TeleVisits is easy. You just have to:
- Activate healow TeleVisits
- Create new TeleVisit visit type codes and link questionnaires
- Start booking TeleVisit appointments
healow TeleVisits can be an effective means of extending quality care to your patients. Contact us today to learn more!