On March 4, 2020, Congress appropriated $8.3 billion through the “Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2020,” to combat the public health threats posed by the spread of coronavirus. The legislation includes $500 million allowing Health and Human Services to temporarily waive certain Medicare restrictions and requirements regarding telehealth services during the coronavirus public health emergency.
eClinicalWorks’ telehealth solution, healow TeleVisits, allows providers to enable remote connections with their patients, delivering the quality of an in-office visit without the need for a physical office visit. healow TeleVisits are secure and fully integrated into the eClinicalWorks EHR.
Here are three ways healow TeleVisits are making healthcare better for providers and patients:
- healow TeleVisits are fully integrated in the eClinicalWorks EHR. During a remote visit, providers have access to all the same clinical tools available for any office visit, while enjoying greater flexibility in scheduling routine, follow-up, and check-in visits.
- Convenient, safe, and secure. healow TeleVisits use the provider’s and patient’s existing equipment and webcams, and work with all browsers. Intelligent bandwidth management ensures stable and secure connections.
- Improved access to care. In today’s connected world, patients have come to expect immediate access to services. With healow TeleVisits, patients don’t have to scramble to find a time to get to the doctor’s office for that routine visit.
Setting up healow TeleVisits is easy. You just have to:
- Activate healow TeleVisits
- Create new TeleVisit visit type codes and link questionnaires
- Start booking TeleVisit appointments
healow TeleVisits can be an effective means of extending quality care to your patients. For more information about healow TeleVisits, sign up for a webinar at my.eclinicalworks.com.